What sort of man are you?
Jef Costello (Alain Delon) is a hitman for hire paid to kill a club owner. When the singer Valérie (Cathy Rosier) at the nightclub sees him leaving the scene of the hit, the men responsible for the job want to take Jef out because he's a security risk now. The Parisian police investigator (François Périer) is sure that Jef was behind the hit. He will do whatever it takes to get his man, charmingly or nasty, as circumstances demand.
Both the inspector and the killer start their investigation. The superintendent leans heavily on the witnesses to change their testimony. Jeff discovers that Valérie is somehow connected to the man who wanted to kill him. He pays her a visit and tries to find out who he can he truly trust and who will stab him in the back.
- Alain Delon ... Jef Costello
- (Jean-Pierre Melville ... Director)
- Nathalie Delon ... Jane Lagrange
- Robert Favart ... Barkeeper
- François Périer ... The Superintendant
- Cathy Rosier ... Valérie, la pianiste
- Michel Boisrond ... Wiener
- Roger Fradet ... 1st inspector
- Catherine Jourdan ... Hatcheck Girl
- Jacques Leroy ... Gunman
- Carlo Nell ... 2nd inspector
- Jean-Pierre Posier ... Olivier Rey
- Robert Rondo ... 3d inspector
Bibliography » Books: