Bend of the River
Wagon guide Glyn McLyntock (James Stewart) leads a group of farmers to Oregon. He is a man who carries his evil past as a Missouri Border Raider, trying to turn his life around by doing good works for others. He saves Emerson Cole (Arthur Kennedy), who also is a former raider, from a lynch party. In Portland, the settlers pay in advance the food and the cattle they will need before winter and sail up the river.
As the food hasn't arrived yet in october to the settlement, McLyntock comes back to Portland. There, he learns there that there is a gold rush to the mountains and that the food of the settlers is worth a hundred times more now. Glyn wishes to successfully deliver food to the settlers while Cole wants to go for higher stakes and cater to a colony of gold miners.
- James Stewart ... Glyn McLyntock
- Rock Hudson ... Trey Wilson
- (Anthony Mann ... Director)
- Arthur Kennedy ... Emerson Cole
- Julie Adams ... Laura Baile
- Jay C. Flippen ... Jeremy Baile
- Stepin Fetchit ... Adam
- Chubby Johnson ... Cap’n Mellon
- Harry Morgan ... Shorty
- Lori Nelson ... Marjie Baile
- Howard Petrie ... Tom Hendricks
Bibliography » Books: