What one man can invent, another can discover.
Mr. Hilton Cubitt (Tenniel Evans), is calling Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett) to find an explanation of some stick figures, resembling dancing men, drawn on a piece of paper. Cubitt tells that he has been married for a year to an American woman named Elsie (Betsy Brantley). The problems started a few months ago, when she received a letter from Chicago, USA. Then the dancing men appeared, sometimes scrawled in chalk on a wall or door, sometimes on a piece of paper. It terrified Elsie.
Holmes is intrigued with the case and starts cracking the meaning behind the strange hieroglyphics. Events take a serious turn when Mr. Cubitt is killed. The police suspect his wife of murder and attempted suicide, but Sherlock has solved the secret code and knows better. He writes a letter in the dancing men code to a Mr. Abe Slaney. But who is he?
- Jeremy Brett ... Sherlock Holmes
- David Burke ... Dr Watson
- Betsy Brantley ... Elsie Cubitt
- (John Bruce ... Director)
- Tenniel Evans ... Hilton Cubitt
- Wendy Jane Walker ... Saunders
- Eugene Lipinski ... Abe Slaney
- Lorraine Peters ... Mrs King
- David Ross ... Inspector Martin
Bibliography » Books:
Bibliography » Web: