The Crooked Man
Whoever heard of a dog running up a curtain?
Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are summoned to Aldershot after the suspicious death of Colonel James Barclay (Denys Hawthorne). His wife, Nancy (Lisa Daniely) was found in a coma in the same locked room. She's suspected of having murdered the Colonel.
Acting upon a deduction, Holmes questions Mrs. Barclay's friend, Miss Morrison (Fiona Shaw). She tells him that Mrs. Barclay had accidentally met a man from her past. When Holmes discovers that a stranger to the area, a crippled man by the name of Henry Wood (Norman Jones), is the owner of a pet mongoose, he interviews Wood.
Wood tells that he and Barclay were soldiers in the Indian army thirty years earlier. Barclay had started out as a private, but had been raised in rank due to bravery during the Mutiny1. But Barclay was not so brave after all. Holmes and Watson get a full account of the events in the life of Barclay and Wood.
- Jeremy Brett ... Sherlock Holmes
- David Burke ... Dr Watson
- James Wilby ... Young Barclay
- Paul Chapman ... Major Murphy
- Lisa Daniely ... Nancy Barclay
- (Alan Grint ... Director)
- Denys Hawthorne ... James Barclay
- Norman Jones ... Henry Wood
- Michael Lumsden ... Young Henry Wood
- Catherine Rabett ... Young Nancy
- Fiona Shaw ... Miss Morrison
Bibliography » Books:
Bibliography » Web: