My Darling ClementineMa'am, I sure like that name... Clementine.
The Earp brothers Wyatt (Henry Fonda), James (Don Garner), Morgan (Ward Bond) and Virgil (Tim Holt) are cattle drivers heading for California. They ride into Tombstone and leave brother James in charge of their herd. When the brothers return to the wagons they find James dead and their cattle stolen. They know that Old man Clanton (Walter Brennan) and his boys are responsible. Wyatt takes on the job of town marshal, making his brothers deputies.
Melancholy gambler and gunslinger Doc Holliday (Victor Mature) quotes Shakespeare and seems fated to an early death from tuberculosis. Despite Wyatt's tense first encounter, a wary tacit friendship grows between the two men. Then Clementine Carter (Cathy Downs) arrives from the East to see why Doc hasn't continued to practice medicine. The tensions among Wyatt, Doc, Clementine, local saloon girl Chihauhua and the Clantons build up. It's only a matter of time until the Earps and Doc face the Clantons in one of the most remembered battles of the Wild West.
- Henry Fonda ... Wyatt Earp
- Ward Bond ... Morgan Earp
- Walter Brennan ... Old Man Clanton
- Linda Darnell ... Chihuahua
- Jane Darwell ... Kate Nelson
- Cathy Downs ... Clementine Carter
- Don Garner
Born: October 24, 1928, Greeley, Colorado, USA
Died: September 21, 1958, Malibu, California, USA
- Tim Holt ... Virgil Earp
- John Ireland ... Billy Clanton
- Victor Mature ... Doc Holliday
- Alan Mowbray ... Granville Thorndyke
- Grant Withers ... Ike Clanton
Bibliography » Books: