CartoucheWe will end up as expected, on the scaffold. The sooner, the better.
Louis-Dominique Bourguignon (Jean-Paul Belmondo) is a 18th century French criminal robbing from everyone in sight. He's part of a large Parisian gang headed by Malichot (Marcel Dalio). In a fracas, Dominique takes Malichot's place as leader of the gang and, naming himself Cartouche, urges his followers on to acquire unimaginable wealth.
Cartouche becomes the terror of France. He rescues Vénus (Claudia Cardinale) a young Gypsy and thief. Inspired by his gang and his love for Vénus, Cartouche rules without equal over Paris underworld. He repeatedly escapes the clutches of the law. Then he meets Madame de Ferrussac with whom he falls in love. But she's also the wife of Police Chief Gaston de Ferrussac who decides to use Cartouche's interest in his wife to his advantage.
- Jean-Paul Belmondo ... Cartouche
- Claudia Cardinale ... Vénus
- Jacques Balutin ... Le moine Capucine
- Jacques Charon ... Le colonel
- Marcel Dalio ... Malichot
- (Philippe de Broca ... Director)
- Jess Hahn ... La Douceur
- Philippe Lemaire ... Gaston de Ferrussac
- René Marlic ... Petit Oncle, le tavernier
- Lucien Raimbourg ... Le maréchal
- Jean Rochefort ... La Taupe
- Noël Roquevert ... Le sergent recruteur
- Odile Versois ... Isabelle de Ferrussac
Bibliography » Books: